From Thomas & Thomas:
Greenfield, MA – November 1st, 2013. USA fly rod maker, Thomas & Thomas is pleased to announce the launch of its NS II series of fast action rods, for the 2014 season.
– Fast action, high modulus, clear graphite blank
– Clear anodized, milled aluminum, up-locking reel seat with Thomas & Thomas roll stamp and burled walnut spacer on 905-4 and 906-4
– Clear anodized, milled aluminum, up-locking reel seat with Thomas & Thomas roll stamp on all rods 966-4 and above
– Titanium Silicon Carbide and Smoke Universal Snake Brand guides
– Black silk wraps with silver trim wraps
– Premium full wells cork grip with aluminum winding check. Fighting butts on #6 weight rods and above.
– Black aluminum rod tube and tan rod bag with stiffener
– Made one at a time in USA by craftsmen
NS II is an evolution of the original NS series, T&T’s best selling rod series for the last few years. The series is comprised of seven, four piece models, 905-4, 906-4, 966-4, 967-4, 968-4-4, 1007-4 and 1008-4 with prices starting at $800 and will be available at fly shops and online at http://www.thomasandthomas.com from November 1, 2013.
Many fly fishermen lament the fact that fly rods have gotten faster and stiffer over recent years. But speed does not have to come at the expense of feeling, which is why the NS series has been our best seller of late. There are situations where only a faster action rod can generate the line speed to get the fly to where it needs to be.
The NS II series is enhanced and extended over its predecessor, the NS. We’ve reduced weight with the highest possible specification Titanium silicon carbide and Universal snake brand guides, tuned the high modulus blank and reduced the ferrule profiles to create a rod that will perform wherever you want to take it – big rivers, vast stillwaters or tropical flats. In new lengths and line weights this a fast action series that now spans the spectrum of trout, salmon, steelhead, freshwater predators and saltwater power species. Discover why competition casters and hardcore anglers around the world are in awe of the capabilities of these rods.
Commenting on the new NS II series Mark Richens said, “When you hit upon an action that really resonates with a large number of contemporary fly fishermen it makes sense to extend the series to cover more applications. The NS was originally conceived as a distance trout rod with big western rivers in mind. But as reports came back from the field we knew it was being used for much more than that. We envisage the NS II finding favor across the globe for trout, salmon and steelhead but also saltwater species. If you are looking for one rod that will span the spectrum, most of these rods are equipped with salt proof components and make a great choice for freshwater anglers that make occasional forays in to the salt.”
To check out more from Thomas & Thomas, please click here.